Friday Morning Yoga
Start the year with a mindful yoga habit.
Yoga can help us feel calmer, more peaceful, and more in touch with our bodies. It can build strength (mentally and physically) and help us stretch and rest. If you're looking to get your body moving in a healthy, contemplative way in the new year, this is for you! Whether you've never tried yoga before or you regularly practice, I'd love to have you join us for yoga! This is a beautiful way to consistently care for yourself in the new year!
Join me Fridays from 9:30 - 10:30 am!
You're invited to wear comfortable clothing you can move around in (i.e., yoga clothes, sweatpants, or other clothing you'd wear to the gym). Yoga classes will be on the gentle side and accessible to all. These classes are perfect for beginners! If you have a yoga mat, you're encouraged to bring it. (I do have a few to borrow, though, if you don't have one!) You'll have the opportunity to take off your shoes, so please plan accordingly. Masks are optional.
Sign up for the full session and save $10! This session goes from January 6 - February 10.
About the Presenter
What People Are Saying about Yoga at The Perch
- "I had never practiced yoga before, and this was the best first yoga experience I could have imagined!"
- "I always sleep so well after yoga class at The Perch."
- "Thank you for teaching a class where I felt like I could do everything and never felt lost."
- "I feel more connected to my body, and I'm starting to listen."
- "I feel so relaxed and peaceful after class."
- "I don't leave yoga class exhausted like I do at other places. I feel refreshed. I leave feeling better than when I came in."
- "I used to get injections in my hips to help me move without joint pain. After my first yoga session with Amy, I could already feel the difference. Now in my 3rd 6-week session, I feel amazing!"
- "I love the slower pace so I can be mindful and enjoy the moment."
- "The gentle yoga is kind to my aging body and has done wonders to expand my thoughts and stretches!"
Get a taste of what yoga at The Perch is like with this 15-minute video class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fv1PMVQpxg
What will we do during yoga class?
Amy Jackson will teach a 60-minute accessible class that focuses on yoga that feels good in our bodies. We'll stretch, relax, become more connected with our bodies, and build physical and mental strength, all while honoring our bodies' limitations and needs. Classes are on the gentle side with an emphasis on variations that allow everyone to participate.
Are yoga classes only for women?
No! As always, workshops, retreats, and cohorts offered by The Perch are open to all adults.
What should I bring to yoga class?
Please wear comfortable clothing you can move freely in. If you have a yoga mat, you're encouraged to bring it along, but I do have a few to share if you don't have one. You'll be invited to take off your shoes, so plan accordingly. Any additional props you'll need will be provided. Masks are optional.
What if I've never practiced yoga before?
Yoga classes at The Perch are intentionally inclusive to all. You do not need any prior experience with yoga poses. Of course, please check with your doctor to ensure this kind of physical activity is healthy for your body.
Will yoga classes be offered virtually?
This particular session of yoga classes is only in-person at The Perch. But you can purchase my Beginner Yoga Series to do at home if you're not local!
I have additional questions. How can I contact you?
If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to reach out! Email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org